Monday 24 August 2015

Bank Holiday Brunch Menu

With the last Bank Holiday of the year approaching (apart from Christmas of course) why not indulge in some miniature savoury bites and sweet treats. Start the day right and treat your loved ones with an impressive yet simple brunch.

Don't worry if you are short for time as most of this can be pre bought or requires little preparation.

Here are some of my ideas for the perfect brunch!


1. Cawston Press Apple & Rhubarb

This juice is delicious, a perfect balance of sweet apples and tart rhubarb. Why not add some bubbles to create a gorgeous Bellini and to top it off rim the glass with sugar and add cute straws.


2. Mini Salmon & Cream Cheese Bagels

Salmon and Cream Cheese is one of my favourite combinations. I grilled the mini bagels and lathered with cream cheese before toping with smoked salmon, just scummy. Perhaps top with a little lemon juice and black pepper.


3. Mini Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup

I bet you never thought grilled cheese and soup could look so good! Pick out your favourite cheese and your favourite soup, homemade is always the best but tinned would work just fine.


4. Prawn Marie Rose Vol au Vents

This was always one of my Mum's staples at a brunch or party, so simple and they look fantastic. Remember to egg or milk wash the Vol au Vents before you pop them in the oven to ensure a beautiful golden colour.


5. Greek Yoghurt & Granola Parfait

If you have been following my series of healthy recipes you will recognise these. They are fast becoming one of my favourites, I love the mixture of textures and flavours.


6. Oreo Truffles

These are simple show stoppers. I first made them whilst visiting my brother when he lived in America. They went down a treat and they have continued to impress friends and family. All you need are crushed Oreo cookies mixed with cream cheese and coated in the melted chocolate of your choice. If you would like to see a post with this recipe let me know in the comments below.

7. Mini Pancake Skewers

I love pancakes, they are my guilty pleasure on a Sunday morning. For these I used by Cinnamon Swirl Pancake recipe, minus the cinnamon swirl of course.


What are your Bank Holiday plans?


Have a wonderful day!


Mel xoxo

2 comments :

  1. This all looks so delicious! Please do a post about your Oreo truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat, I will look at getting the Oreo Truffles post up soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete